Simple New Year’s Recipes for Holiday Entertaining
Resolve to take the stress out of holiday entertaining with simple recipes and quality meats from a gourmet food resource that makes dinner easy and fun.
Many people celebrate New Year’s Eve with friends and loved ones while participating in traditions meant to bring good luck and success in the upcoming year. Cultures around the world honor this day in their own unique way. Typically, New Year’s customs involve toasting one another’s health and good fortune with champagne and a variety of different gourmet foods. For those taking part in a New Year’s tradition, it is their opportunity to learn from the prior year and make positive changes in their life.
To make your evening special, serve your friends and family flavorful, premium aged beef like filet mignon or prime rib as part of your New Year’s Eve tradition. Step the party up a notch by adding in a delectable piece of restaurant-quality seafood to create Surf-n-Turf. Set the scene for a festive ambiance by dressing yourself and your dining table in your fanciest clothes, linens and tableware.
Why spend hundreds of dollars at a fine restaurant when you can serve the same restaurant-quality meats at home from experts who make meat and seafood their full-time business? For special celebrations, splurging on gourmet foods makes sense when you have the peace of mind that a perfect meal can be sent to your home.
Even fancy meals like those served in upscale restaurants can be made at home in a snap with heat-and-serve specialties such as Seafood Paella, Shrimp Scampi and Stuffed Shrimp.
Simple Recipes Allow You to Enjoy Holiday Entertaining
After shopping online for quality meat for your party, add in a few quick appetizers and homemade touches to round out your meal.
Cheese Board. One of the easiest appetizers that will excite guests is a unique cheese board. Here’s a fine source for outstanding wine and cheese pairings.
Cheese Straws. Bake up quick and tasty nibbles that go well with cocktails and wine. This recipe uses Cheddar cheese to make extra flavorful cheese straws that will get rave reviews.
Compound Butters. Spread delectable flavored butters on artisan bread and make savory butters to melt atop a perfectly cooked steak.
Savory Sauces. The key to making steaks taste more like the gourmet foods served in a restaurant is to serve them with a simple yet elegant sauce. Here are some simple recipes for sauces for beef.
Homemade Whipped Cream. Even if you purchase a sumptuous dessert, adding a generous dollop of homemade whipped cream can add extra flavor and showcase a handmade touch that will wow guests. It’s easy to prepare, tastes great and can be make up to two hours in advance.
Holiday Entertaining Party Tips
Here’s a sampling of ideas that will help you on your way to a fun-filled New Year’s party:
- Tell guests what the party dress code is—Hollywood glitz or casual chic, for example.
- Prepare a well-stocked bar—display booze and mixers and non-alcoholic options on a rolling bar cart or a card table or other surface that will become Party Central.
- Create party pizzazz by using seasonally festive cocktail napkins, wine glass ornaments, and even a sparkly colored sugar rim for sweeter cocktails.
- Create a cool music playlist. Think about the musical tastes of your guests and curate a rockin’ lineup of party favorites.
- For New Year’s Eve, provide guests with a variety of party store favors and props to dress up in, such as goofy glasses, top hats, feather boas, etc., to capture instant photos of crazy party moments for memories to last a lifetime.
- Write out clever fortunes and make your own party favors with these DIY no-sew fortune cookies.
With all these party options, you’ll be counting down to midnight in style!